Do It With Thy Might

For high school, I attended the incredible Masters School up in Dobbs Ferry, NY. One of the first things I noticed while on an prospective student visit was the motto placed prominently on the walls throughout the school:

DO IT WITH THY MIGHT

So in the wake of all the recent and awesome publicity, I figured I would let you in on a non-secret.

You must do everything that is important to you WITH THY MIGHT, especially those things that are particularly difficult.

Running is hard. Sometimes getting up at the crack of dawn (although mostly this is when my body prefers to be up) is hard. Teaching and constantly engaging with curious and sometimes snarky teenagers is hard. Being a mom is HARD. Being a musician is hard. Long days with little sleep is hard. 

LIFE IS HARD. 

But even though it is hard, we must put our everything into those things that keep us going. But we must also put our everything into ourselves.
Ready for the 2015 Georgia Jewel!

That is my goal for today as I attempt my second Georgia Jewel 35 Mile Run. I shall DO IT WITH MY MIGHT!

(Links will come later---gotta go and run through the forests of Northwest Georgia!)

ความคิดเห็น