Hoka Rapa Nui 2 Shoe Review

In preparation for the 2nd Annual Pennsylvania Grand Canyon Trail Full Marathon I purchased a pair of Hoka One One Rapa Nui 2.  Pronounced hoe-kah oh-nay oh-nay, which is a Marori expression meaning �it�s time to fly over the Earth".  I�ve heard the shoes called everything from moon boots to marshmallow clown shoes but, I�ve never heard them referred to as uncomfortable.  

Comfort is what you can expect when you lace up a pair of Hoka�s. Hoka�s unique design allows your foot to settle into the shoe slightly below the cushioning line resulting in a stable and comfortable ride.  

The Rapa Nui 2 is the sleekest looking shoe in Hoka�s line up and its also the least expensive.  Some of Running Competitors.com testers felt the shoe was narrow but I didn�t have any issues.  


When my Rapa Nui�s arrived I couldn�t wait to hit the trail, but not before removing the speed laces and replacing them with the traditional laces provided.  The Rapa Nui 2 has a 30mm heel and 25mm forefront giving it a 5mm offset positioning you nicely to tear up the trail or asphalt.  The threads on the outsole are aggressive and they performed well over a variety of surfaces.  


When running downhill I�m usually mindful of my speed but, not in the Rapa Nui�s.  My confidence increased with every stride, it literally felt as though I was flying over the earth.  If you're in the market for a trail shoe give the Rapa Nui 2 a try or if you want an awesome recovery long distance or race day shoe you won�t be disappointed.

Happy trails
Runr4Lyfe

ความคิดเห็น