Danko Clog - Comfortable Shoe For Certain Foot Types.

The Dansko Clog



Let me preface this review by saying that the Dansko Clog is not for everyone! There are patients with certain foot types and medical conditions that I would never dream of putting into a Dansko Clog because it would be a disaster for their feet. That being said, I have many patients (including myself) where the Dansko Clog is the very definition of comfort. In Podiatry school, when I went from sitting all day in classes for two years to suddenly being thrown into 14 hour days on my feet on torturous concrete hospital floors for another four years of school and residency, I suffered horribly from heel pain, swelling in my feet and tired leg syndrome. I was a broke student and I made a very painful $95 splurge on purchasing the Dansko Clog and they were one of the best investments I've ever made!

What's great about the Dansko Clog is the thick, rigid and therefore very protective sole. I always feel extra safe wearing my Dansko clogs because if anyone ever tried to mug me, these shoes are so strong that I'm convinced I could effectively use them as a weapon (forgive me, I'm originally from New Jersey!). If you are suffering with forefoot pain of any kind, this may be the perfect shoe for you. They also have decent arch support, a wide toe-box and rear-foot control. I do not recommend the Dansko shoes that don't have rear-foot control as they force the person wearing them to scrunch down their toes to keep in the shoe, which can cause 'mechanical strain' and 'tired leg syndrome' at the end of a long day.

The Dansko Clogs do not accommodate any type of inserts but, in my experience, they don't need extra arch support. It is the one shoe where I don't have to (or need to) wear my orthotics. 

In general, the Dansko Clog is great for healthy, young, active patients who are on their feet all day, especially on concrete floors. I would never put anyone who is elderly or has any type of muscular or nerve disorder in these shoes as they are simply too heavy. 


Dansko Clogs Are Recommended For Patients With:
*Mild Plantar Fasciitis (Heel Pain)
*Mild Achilles Tendonitis
*Mild Haglund's Deformity
*Mild to Severe Metatarsalgia
*Mild Bunions & Tailor's Bunions
*Mild to Moderate Hammertoes
*Morton's Neuroma
*Capsulitis of the Forefoot Joints
*Hallux Limitus (Limited range of motion of the 1st toe joint)
*Hallux Rigidus (No motion of the 1st toe joint)
*Mild to Moderate Osteoarthritis
*Possibly Mild Rheumatoid Arthritis
*Mild Tendonitis
*Mild to Possibly Moderate Over-Pronators
*Mild Hypermobility / Ligament Laxity
*Plantar Plate Injuries
*Patient's recovering or trying to heal from a fractured toe
*Patient's recovering from a fractured metatarsal bone (Check with your Pod!)
*Mild to Moderate Degenerative Joint Disease
*Over-Use Syndrome



Dansko Clogs Are NOT Recommended For Patients With:
*Weak legs
*Muscle disorders that cause instability or weakness of the legs
*Nerve disorders that cause weakness or instability of the legs
*Drop Foot
*Charcot Marie Tooth Disease
*Charcot Foot
*Diabetics
*Diabetics with history of Ulcerations (Open sores)
*Peripheral Arterial Disease (Poor Circulation)
*Peripheral Neuropathy (Nerve Damage)
*Balance Issues
*The Elderly
*Anyone with prominent "bumps" on their feet, especially on the top of the mid-foot area
*Painful Calluses on the bottom of the feet (because they need more cushion in the shoe)
*Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis  (because they need more cushion in the shoe)
*Severe Hypermobility / Ligament Laxity
*Ankle Instability


My best advice to you is go to a store and try them on. You are either going to love them or hate them! Every time I put on my Dansko clogs, I feel like they have been custom made for my feet and can stay on my feet all day in comfort.


I hope this was helpful!

Dr. Cathleen A. McCarthy

:) 











ความคิดเห็น