Longest Training Run & 2012 Race Schedule

Today, I did my longest run ever. (well for the time being). 16 whole miles! I did it on a treadmill at the YMCA because I knew it would be more forgiving to my feet (I start Physical Therapy tomorrow - yay). 16 miles on a treadmill is, well, I don't recommend it. But I took my gels, drank my nuun, listened to my music, and just kept going. It took me 3 hours 15 minutes (including the time where I had to stop to reset the treadmill because it automatically stops at an hour, and the one time I had to refill my water at the water fountain). Moving time was 3 hours 9 minutes (avg pace 11:48). And get this, my heart rate averaged 176 and I burnt 2,287 calories! That's crazy. And it's even crazier that I have to add 10.2 miles to that, but one run at a time. For now, I took my ice bath and am rocking my compression socks and shorts!

I think I've got my race schedule figured out. This is by no means set in stone. The races with an asterisk are ones I've already registered for.


January 29 - Tinker Bell Half Marathon*
Totally a surprise and so exciting!

March 17- Rock 'N' Roll USA Nation's Capital Marathon*
The big one. My first marathon.


May 6 - Philly's Broadstreet Run - 10 mile
My first 10 miler.


May 19 - NJ/Philly RunAmuck Mud Run - 5K*
After dong the NY RunAmuck Mud Run last June, I'm excited to do another with my partner from last time along with my sister and her friend!


September 3 - Warwick Lions 5K
This will be my third time running this race! I'm hoping a summer of track workouts with the running club will bring me to a PR for this.


September 30 - Ocean City, NJ Half Marathon
This was such a great race that I am excited to run it again!


November 4 - Run the Bridge 10K
This will my third time running this race, and my sister has made it a goal to make this her first 10K! Fun race!


November 18 - Philadelphia Half Marathon
My sister has committed to running a half marathon this year! So exciting. I will be running this one by her side.


I'm guessing I'll throw in another 5k at some point, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with this! Here's to 2012!

ความคิดเห็น