It's official. I'm marathon training.

First off, I promise non-running posts are coming this week, but first because this is kind of a big deal, ya know?

It's official. I took advantage of a discount on Friday 11/11, and registered for the Rock 'n' Roll USA Nation's Capital Marathon in Washington, D.C. on March 17, 2012.  I'm going to run a marathon! Eeeek!

The folks at Rock 'n' Roll confirmed my registration and left me with the lovely sentiment, "Good luck with your training!". Training? Oh yes, I better get to it. On Monday of last week, I threw myself into developing a training plan. It looked something like this.


Ridiculousness really. I looked through a ton of plans, talked to some smart folks, and finally settled on a plan. Then I continued in typical Type A-ness, and made a journal to record my training and thoughts. I have daily sheets and weekly recaps. Finally, I decided if I was going to create all this awesomeness, I would have it bound. So here is my kickin' training journal!

Training journal
  It opens up to an inspirational collage and my overall training plan.
Training Plan
Inspiration
 My journal has daily pages, weekly re-caps, and a race day prep to finish it all off. It's not perfect. I've already discovered some things that I wish I'd put on it, but it allows me to record gear that's working, aches and pains, and how my training is going over all.
 One week of training down! Less than 18 weeks of training left. I ran 22 miles this week which is nothing compared to what is coming, but it's more than I've ran since I finished half marathon training. Eight hilly miles were crazy hard today, but that's understandable considering I ran 5 hilly yesterday with 3 at race pace AND then I hiked 2 miles up a mountain (and then back down) with my 2 1/2 year old on my back! My legs are totally trashed, but hey, it was good practice running on tired legs.

So all this is to say it's on... 26.2 here I come.

ความคิดเห็น