I'm alive!

Okay, I'm back from vacation and alive. Wow, this transition to Fall has really been kicking our butts. First getting ready for school and then getting ready for vacation. At the same time finishing up half marathon training and getting a new patio put on our house. All really great stuff, but boy, we cram it all it at once!

My half marathon is this coming Sunday! You'll have to forgive me for at least one or two running related posts this week. After that I have some other posts brewing on everything from Unconditional Parenting from a Christian faith perspective to a look at our latest attempts to create greater rhythm in our home (gotta figure what those will be before I can write about it though). Plus, there's a *that* mom's bookshelf post coming soon!

In the meantime, here are some snapshots of vacation to share with you all. We headed to the Outerbanks for a week. It was exhausting and fabulous all at the same time. I loved getting to co-parent with my husband 24/7. It felt so good to work as a team and connect as a family. It was great to see other family we don't see very often - my dad, stepmom, step-sister and her husband. Plus getting to watch my kids play with my nephew all week was such a blast (although exhausting in its own right because of course they didn't always get along).

This kid loved the beach.

Brothers

Sand angels

Sunset over the Sound from the deck of our house

My nephew enjoying the hundreds of acres of sand at Jockey's Ridge State Park

Happy family


And now it's back to reality... or really at the moment race preparation and nerves!

ความคิดเห็น