Realize: A Habit of Affirmation

The Realize eCourse I am taking that I told you about is well under way. We are talking about goals - the big and the small - along with the behaviors and habits that help us accomplish them. With 21 days left, Dawn has challenged us to start a new habit and stick with it for the rest of the course. I can't tell you much more about how it all ties in with the work we're doing, because, well, you just need to take the course for yourself!

But, I will share the habit I've chosen. I'm committing to 21 days of daily affirmations, because through my struggles with depression and anxiety, positive self-talk and a positive outlook is a big challenge I face. I've written my personal list of affirmations on my bathroom mirror to read every morning. I'm telling you for both accountability and support.


I've never been a big affirmation kind of person. First because I am a master at negative self-talk and a recovering perfectionist, but also because it all seemed a little too 'self-helpy' and flaky to me. I'm coming to find I could use more than a little quality self-help, and I am discovering that the sarcasm and cynicism I've worn as a badge of honor for some time now is not serving me. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I will transform into a Suzy Sunshine or lose my love of sarcastic humor, but I think re-framing the way I think about who I am, where I am, and how I am is an important step in my journey to seek wellness.

Do you use affirmations? What positive habit could you start for the next 21 days? And have you checked out Dawn's blog which has great little nuggets to consider as you look at your own goals and habits?

ความคิดเห็น