One Small Change - April 2011

I've been taking the One Small Change challenge since January.  While, the official One Small Change project is closing down, I'm going to keep posting my changes each month because when you tackle things one change, one month at a time, it makes it seem so much more doable and less overwhelming.  It also reminds me to not get too comfortable with how far I've come and to continue changing for the better of our environment.

For April, we'll be doing lots of green things as the weather warms, we plant our seeds and prepare our garden, and we begin to spend so much more time outside again. But, I want to make a change in addition to continuing all our previous plans. As I've considered the changes I could take on, I keep coming back to the same one. I wish I didn't. To be honest, I keep trying to think of something else, anything else, I could do. During a month where I'm going to be working hard in the garden and getting us back into our outside routine, I wish I could think of an easier change.  But I can't, so here we go.

At the end of last summer we bought an outdoor clothes dryer in the hopes of reducing the energy used for us to do laundry.  We used it a few times but never fully got into a routine before the weather turned cold. I wanted to love it. I wanted it to be second nature.  But I didn't love it, and it wasn't second nature. So this month, I will commit to drying at least 5 loads of laundry outside on the dryer. It might not seem like much, but this project is about small changes. Because small changes can turn into big things.  Let's start with 5 loads of laundry and see where it goes.

And with a view like this, hanging some laundry out to dry can't possibly be that bad.

ความคิดเห็น