Thoughts OF A FATULTRARUNNER

At the Catamount Ultra 25K

This summer is my summer of ultra running. I completed my third official 50Kish at The Midsummer Night's Dream Hourly Ultra in Canton, GA and am aiming for the fourth ultra distance at the Finger Lakes 50s 50K this weekend in Hector, NY.  My legs have been burning since I started training in mid-May, but the whole of me is super-excited to push my body beyond its perceived limits. These were some thoughts that I had during the Catamount Ultra 25K this past week---(ok not an ultra but that's what the shirt says so I'm going with it!) and other recent races/training runs:

An amazing aid station at the Catamount Ultra
  • Oh, it's a short long run this weekend- only 15 miles. And tomorrow only 10. Whew!
  • Time for a TRAILFIE
  • I need a sandwich, like NOW. Preferably a turkey club on GF bread, with mayo.
  • OMG how many miles til the next effing aid station??? Oh, only five? Ok.
  • They're just miles. They're just miles. Miles and miles and miles and miles and miles.....
  • I think that's a moose. Nope it's a branch. Nope it's a moose. A branch. A moose. A branch. Oh, it's a shadow.
  • I could run forever.

  • If I die while doing this, I'll die happy. And sore.
  • When is this going to end???
  • Where can I poopwhereccanIpoopwherecanIpoop? Oh! That tree looks good.
  • UGH! People pick up your gel packets!!!
  • Ooh! An unused Honey Stinger gel! Haven't tried this flavor yet...
  • That 70 year old lapped me. Again.
  • Time for a TRAILFIE.
  • OOOH! A puddle. I think I'll try to clean the mud off my Altras/Brooks/Hokas/Skoras/PIs/Salomons/Merrells
  • Mud, mud, mud and more mud at the Catamount Ultra
  • I love this mud. I LOVE IT. Wait, where's my shoe?
  • Rain? What rain? This is not a downpour and no thank you, I do NOT need a ride.
  • I'll do 10 more tomorrow so I can get in some more miles.
  • That is such a beautiful CAIRN! Where's the trail?
  • Oh no! A downhill. A hill would be so nice right now.
  • Will I sweep this or that race? OF COURSE! I need the miles!
  • MORE HILLS? WTF??
GREAT.
  • Gross. A sock
  • Blackniss Eboneen is my new trail name. Yep.
  • You don't want to come with me? I'm only running for three hours today. In and out. Real quick.
  • More mud? WTF?
  • I need bacon. Like, NOW.
  • I'll take a short break after I reach 26.2.
  • Food is so gross. Water is gross. Everything's gross. I'm gross.
  • I might just die, right now. 
  • I'm the black Scott Jurek. I'm the black Scott Jurek. I'm the black Scott Jurek.
  • "Sometimes you just do things."
  • That is such a beautiful CAIRN! Where's the trail again?
  • This is great. 
  • This is SUCKTASTIC.
  • TRAILFIE time!
  • This is absolutely the worst run ever.
  • That had better NOT be a snake. IT IS! Time for a snake pic!
  • This is the most PERFECT run EVER.
  • I've only done 17? WHAT?  Oh, 17 laps you mean....
  • What a sufferfest.
  • I only face-planted three times! Nice.
  • This is AMAZING.
  • I wanna die.
  • I LOVE THIS.
  • I HATE THIS
  • The finish line. I could totally do another loop. 
  • Where's the free beer?
  • I LOVE THIS SPORT.

ความคิดเห็น