Top 5 Shoe Updates of 2014

July 2, 2014 marked my initial blog post and shoe review, since then I've written 74 post and read countless blogs from fellow bloggers like: Peter Larson @Runblogger, Sam Winebaum @Sam's Running Places and ThingsSteve Speirs@RunBulldog and Thomas Neuberger @Believe in The Run and I can't neglect to mention video reviews from Etan Newbury the Ginger Runner.  

Five different running bloggers, varing opinions, simlar taste in some shoes dissenting views in others, but they all share a common passion for a sport that I've grown to love and they add value to the running community.  

Because I haven't reviewed or run in every shoe on the market, I can't speak candidly about them.  What I can do is point you in the right direction.  For a list of those shoes that "Failed to Launch" Check out Runblogger's Most Disappointing Shoes of 2014

My Top 5 list is based off of the those sneakers I've actually run in.  When I sit down to review a shoe, I attempt to remain objective.  If a shoe rocks I'll say so, if it doesn't live up to the hype IMO I'll say so-(casing point view my post: Paradigm the Hoka Killer), this post stimulated conversation as folks went hard for their brand. 

While I didn't care for the Paradigm-(Sam digged it), I did like the Altra One 2. With out further delay, on to the reviews: In no particular order, or not, think of it as a concert with multiple artist performing.

First to the stage, the Altra One 2. because, it makes for a great segway after talking about a shoe from a brand that didn't soar in my mind.  I didn't write off an entire brand because of one shoe in their line up.  I gave them a go because of the CEO's courage to weigh in on the conversation, big ups to Golden Harper-(My Altra One 2's were purchased at full retail) See Peter's review here: Altra One 2

The Altra One 2 proved you can't judge a shoe by its looks...

Adidas Adios Boost 2 Continues to set world records.

Adidas returned the original Adios style upper... 


Mizuno's Wave Rider 18 

Mizuno delivered with this update resolving issues from the WR17

Adidas Boston Boost 5

Adidas Boston Boost 5 on of my favorite shoes...

Saucony's ISO FIT Triumph for me was the best overall update in 2014

Saucony ISO Fit Triumph 


There you have it, my Top 5.  Who's in your Fave 5 feel free to share in the comment section.

ความคิดเห็น