Gratitude & Sparkles - Wine & Dine Week 8 Training Recap

 

Monday � 80 minutes Physical Therapy

Tuesday � Rest (if you can call school field trip, presiding over a board meeting, and baking 4 dozen cupcakes rest!)

Wednesday � 3.82 miles of Couch to 10k intervals with the husband (run 3 walk 2 a lot of times) + 80 minutes Physical Therapy.

Thursday � Rest

Friday � 6 miles on the gym treadmill. Foam roll.

Saturday � Core, foam roll, ultrasound, and stim therapy.

Sunday � 10 miles!!!! Foam rolling, stretching, stim therapy.

image

I logged my first double digit run since February!!!  10 miles done. I headed out feeling fabulous. My head was in a great place after writing my guest post for The Orange Rhino and having some great conversation back and forth with her. Her kind words really lifted my spirit and reminded me how much I enjoy sharing my journey through words. Gratitude.

I expected it to be cold and windy but walked outside into the most gorgeous fall day. I quickly ran inside to shed a layer or two, prepped my iPhone and my Garmin, and off I went. I was overwhelmed by an intense gratitude for the run in the first 5 miles. I was grateful that my body could do this. I was grateful to live somewhere so beautiful and to be able to soak in the beauty on my feet.

image[2]

I ran past an apple orchard packed with families enjoying a beautiful Sunday, lots of farm land, a couple cute country B&Bs, and the Appalachian Trail (where no less than 26 cars of people were enjoying the weather!). I kept my eyes peeled for those dang black walnuts, but otherwise I just enjoyed the run. My soul was bursting.

image[1]

While I ran, I listened to an audiobook I�d downloaded from the library (love that feature!) on the recommendation of a friend. Haruki Murakami�s What I Talk About When I Talk About Running. It was perfect. It matched my mood perfectly. I�d loved listening to his journey and what exactly running means to him. And his words would carry me through the last few really hard miles even after I switched to music to carry me home.

 what i talk about

�Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. Say you�re running and you start to think, Man this hurts, I can�t take it anymore. The hurt part is an unavoidable reality,  but whether ornot you can stand any more is up the runner himself.�

The last 4 miles were hard. It was a BIG jump in distance for me having only ran 8 miles once more than a month ago. But I finished filled with gratitude for my body, this sport, and my journey.

image[3]

Plus, I�ve begun acquiring the necessary sparkle for my RunDisney Wine & Dine costume!!! Can�t wait to put it all together!

What are you grateful for today?

ความคิดเห็น