Someday I�ll run again. Hopefully someday soon.

At the beginning of January, I posted my hoped for/intended/first draft race schedule for 2012. As expected (and predicted in a comment on that post by Kristie!), that schedule has changed and continues to change. I had to switch from running the Rock �n� Roll Nation�s Capital USA Marathon to walking the half marathon.
broad street
And today, I deferred my entry to the Broad Street 10 miler until next year. Boooo! There�s just no way I can run 10 miles. I might have been able to if I got back to running and ignored the pain but that�s clearly not gotten my anywhere good.
runamuck
Soooo�. next up on that calendar is RunAmuck 5k! I ran this last in NY, and I am registered to run in NJ this year. This one is purely fun, and I should be fine to run with my how my rehab is going.
dailymile
Ah yes, rehab. That�s my dailymile training report. I�ve ran 4 miles in the past 4 weeks.
I am working hard at getting injury-free. The plantar fasciitis has improved with rest, ART therapy, at-home ultrasound along with all the stretching and exercises I was doing before. The problem is that the two times I�ve run, I have definitely felt it in my feet afterwards. Bummer. I am trying a new therapy called the MELT Method that seems promising added to the rest of what I am doing. I took a free class and figured it couldn�t hurt to try. I�ll report more if I have success with it.
At the same time, the �slightly irritated knee that turned super painful when I stopped running and then got better after walking a half marathon� is getting a little more attention. I also felt it when I ran those few miles. So, I headed to the doctor and found myself back at physical therapy. I figure if I am already sidelined, I might as well get as strong and healthy as I can before I return to running. I am loving this new physical therapist. We�ve identified some major weaknesses in my left leg, especially in the hip. I�ll be getting new prescription orthotics and keeping up with a ridiculous number of squats, lunges, and other very painful rehab exercises combined with foam rolling, sticking. and stretching.
I�m taking a weekly spin class, some strength classes, and trying to stay active amid all this rehab. I need to get back to yoga as well. And hopefully, before I know it, I�ll be out there logging some miles stronger and healthier! I�m resisting adding or confirming any of my race calendar until I�m nearly recovered. But, that didn�t stop me from throwing my name into the NYC Marathon Lottery! It�s a crazy, scary shot in the dark as a ridiculously small percentage get in through the lottery, but hey why not! I�ll let you know how that goes on Wednesday. Follow me on twitter or facebook for the update!
nymarathon

ความคิดเห็น