12 Weeks of Marathon Training

It's Christmas Eve. I should be writing about the 12 Days of Christmas,but instead I've got running on the brain. You're shocked, right? 

Twelve weeks from today is the Rock 'n' Roll D.C. Marathon.

Rock 'n' Roll set the course time limit. Most Rock 'n' Roll marathons have a 7 hour time limit (exceptions being Las Vegas which was a crazy 4.5 hours and Denver which is 6). Washington D.C.'s course limit will be 5.5 hours. This shouldn't be a problem. If I'm going to finish, that pace is not crazy fast or anything like that. But, I know during my first marathon anything could happen. My hope is to cross the finish, period. Now suddenly, I have a time goal/limit before me. I know it's not an exact thing as it is 5.5 hours from when the last participant crosses the starting line which adds some cushion, but it's freaking me out.

At the same time, my running guru, support, and friend is sidelined with an injury since her completion of the Philly Marathon in November. She was planning and registered to run this with me, but it's just not likely. I'm rooting for her to get healthy as soon as possible, but I won't let her (and I think she wisely wouldn't try to) chance re-injury by rushing to run a marathon (no matter how slowly) so soon.

Add to all this the fact that my training has been less than stellar as a result of plantar fasciitis and growing frustration and I am about to completely freak out.

Instead of freaking out, I'm trying to find my focus. I never did follow up my plantar fasciitis post with my training update because I never figured it out. Fail.

This morning I hoped to run 10-12 but ended up with 5 before pain made me stop. But, I looked cute doing it!

I was going to write more, but I need to go stretch, foam roll, ice and get ready for CHRISTMAS! But plantar fasciitis or not, it's ON when it comes to training. Thinking I'll get a few miles in tomorrow, maybe even 8 or so! And maybe, I'll have some new gear from Santa to try out :) Merry Christmas!

ความคิดเห็น