Finding the Awesome

I am not always very good at being positive. It's just not something that comes easily to me, especially on days with little sleep, many demands, and patience all but gone. I get crabby. I get negative. When a friend texts me to ask how my day is going, I furiously type some snarky comment about my children's frustrating behavior.

Sometimes those days pile up on each other.  Those snarky comments may stand innocent on their own but when combined they create a giant ball of negativity. That negativity makes it easy to lose focus of all the things that make my life and my kids awesome.

As we maneuver through a bit of a rough patch in our family, I decided I wanted a reminder of how great my kids were for those days when I was convinced they were out to get me. I know that the very traits that drive me to the brink of insanity are the ones that will catapult them to success in adulthood.

Here's a look at my kids in all of their spirit and intensity...





My kids are awesome.

While I was working on these collages (which took far longer than they should have because life is life), I came across two blog posts that hit the mark on the shift I was trying to make.


How to Parent - What's Your Meaning?
Mission Possible: Are you up for it?

There's power in seeing the best of people, assuming the most positive intentions, and beyond assuming, taking the time to really figure out what's going on from another person's (especially your child's) perspective. There's power in immersing ourselves in the gifts each person in our family and in our life brings to us.

I'm going to blow up these collages and hang them in my boys' room so that we can all be reminded of how awesome they are on a daily basis.

ความคิดเห็น