Daring mothers...

I loved this post over at Passionate Homemaking.  It's focused on daughters, but everything in it is true for mothers of boys too.

I particularly loved this...

Being a godly mother can be a daring assignment.
May we accept our mission in faith, not fear! May God�s goodness flow through us and our family, and through each of son and each DAUGHTER.
May we raise DARING daughters who follow God�s purposes, in complete submission to Him, with fervent love  . . . and perhaps, with dirty feet.
And as moms, may we be DARING too!
I strive to be a godly mother, a daring mother.  And even more so, I am thankful for having a godly mother who was daring, who allowed me and supported me as I followed God's call to dangerous places, whether they be physically or emotionally dangerous.  I can't imagine it was easy when I came home and announced I intended to graduate high school a year early and head off to college having just turned 17, or when I called to tell her I was going to travel the country for a summer serving communities that had just experienced horrific natural disasters, or any of the other terrifying moments I gave her as a mother where she had the choice either to caution, contain, and prevent me from heading out into a scary world following God's call or to support me, pray for me, and prepare me!  What an awesome example she is as I embark on godly motherhood!

ความคิดเห็น